An Authorized User is an individual who has been granted permission to view and discuss a student’s billing account. Parents, guardians and other family members do not automatically have access to view their student’s account.
In compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), student financial records may not be shared with a third party without the student's written consent. Adding an authorized user is the student's written consent that the added individual(s) may view their account information and make payments on their behalf. Please note that authorized users DO NOT have access to the student's stored payment methods, academic records, or other personal information.
Students can designate Authorized Users to access their student account information, pay bills and discuss the account with the Cashier’s Office by following these steps:
- Student Login to Esther using your User ID and PIN.
- Select Student Services and Account Information link.
- Under Account Summary - Pay My Bill - Bill Payment Suite, select Payment Suite.
- Select Authorized Users from the upper menu.
- Select Add Authorized User.
- Complete the details to include the e-mail address of the Authorized User and access levels you wish to provide and select Continue.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions and select Continue.
- Authorized User setup is now complete.
An e-mail will be sent to the Authorized User containing instructions for logging in and creating a password.
Already an Authorized User? Log in now: